Simple and easy to make, these light and flaky buttermilk biscuits are great with country gravy or butter and jam.
• FLAKY BISCUITS •
This Flaky Biscuits recipe turns out light, fluffy, and flaky biscuits every time. The secret to light and fluffy biscuits is to handle the dough as little as possible. So, making drop biscuits is a time-saving shortcut to make them even better.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 TB. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 TB. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 1 c. milk (more or less)
- Preheat over to 425°.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead about 15 times. Pat or roll dough out to 1-inch thick.
- Cut biscuits with a large cutter. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Brush off excess flour and place onto un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.